Two parliamentary select committees will join forces to hold a one-off evidence session on Thursday, 24 March at 09.30.
The BEIS and Transport Committees will lead MPs in a joint session which will examine what options are available to Government and the 800 workers who have lost their jobs.
The following organisations are being invited to appear:
- DP World
- Chief Executive Officer, P&O Ferries, Peter Hebblethwaite
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency Chief Executive, Brian Johnson and Director of UK Maritime Services, Katy Ware
- Ministers from the Department for Transport and BEIS
- Representative from the Insolvency Service
- Expertise in employment law
- Representatives from trade unions, Nautilus International and the National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers
This shocking story has raised questions about UK employment law, safety practices, the support of this business through a pandemic and the redress available. This session will aim to understand the detail of the options available to the 800 workers who were roundly dismissed by P&O Ferries last week. The cruel nature of their dismissal put employment practices and UK plc under the microscope.
The full session is available watch live or on demand here.