I am campaigning to secure more Government funding for Wealden at every given opportunity.
Some examples include:
- Securing funding for improvements to train stations in Crowborough, Eridge, Uckfield and Wadhurst
- Securing funding for the Ashdown Forest
- Securing more money for Sussex Police
- Securing an additional 4.5% funding per Wealden school pupil
- Securing funding for East Sussex Hospital upgrades in light of the Covid pandemic
- £65 million to support Wealden businesses through the pandemic
- Securing £125m for tackling domestic violence
- Securing grants for Wealden culture venues and organisations via the Culture Recovery Fund
- £1.57 billion package to support heritage and the wider cultural sector. This included funding for the Picture House in Uckfield, Hailsham Pavilion Cinema, Farleys House & Gallery, The Bluebell Railway and the Sussex Archaeological Society
- Securing £1.3m for Crowborough's Beacon Academy
See below all the success stories and media coverage.