I am campaigning to secure more Government funding for Wealden at every given opportunity.
Some examples include:
- Securing funding for improvements to train stations in Crowborough, Eridge, Uckfield and Wadhurst
- Securing funding for the Ashdown Forest
- Securing more money for Sussex Police
- Securing an additional 4.5% funding per Wealden school pupil
- Securing funding for East Sussex Hospital upgrades in light of the Covid pandemic
- Additionally, I secured funding for Wealden District Council to distribute to struggling businesses and I am delighted that many Wealden businesses have received this much-needed Government relief support
- The Culture Recovery Fund has provided a vital financial lifeline to our local heritage sites and entertainment businesses to help them remain financially secure before they reopen their doors to customers after the pandemic.
- More recently, the Government announced an unprecedented £1.57 billion package to support heritage and the wider cultural sector. This included funding for the Picture House in Uckfield, Hailsham Pavilion Cinema, Farleys House & Gallery, The Bluebell Railway and the Sussex Archaeological Society.
See below all the success stories and media coverage.