Wealden District Council will continue to deliver essential services, provide community leadership, help local businesses and work with the rest of the public sector to manage the impact on NHS and social care providers.
Council staff are working from home. During this time phone lines will be busier than usual, so using the online services is advised.
The Council's main priority is keeping customers, staff, local businesses and the community safe.
- In keeping with the latest Guidance to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the public reception at the Hailsham Office in Vicarage Lane has been closed. The Council remains open to help with all your enquiries.
- The Wealden website, www.wealden.gov.uk allows you to access a wide range of services online. You can also contact WDC by email email@example.com or by telephone; 01323 443322.
- Staff are working from home so it may take slightly longer to deal with your enquiries. Other than in exceptional circumstances, phone, email, Skype or other internet-based technologies will be used to communicate with residents, instead of holding face–to-face meetings.
- There is a new team to manage the Council's response to Coronavirus.
The following businesses must remain closed:
- Public houses
- Bingo halls
- Concert halls
- Museums and galleries
- Betting shops
- Amusement arcades
- Massage parlours
- Indoor skating rinks
- Indoor fitness studios, gyms, swimming pools or other indoor leisure centres
Additionally, the following must not sell food or drink for consumption on their premises:
- Restaurants, including restaurants and dining rooms in hotels or members clubs
- Bars, including bars in hotels or members’ clubs
- Cafes, including workplace canteens
The only exceptions being:
- Cafes or canteens at a hospital, care home or school
- Prison and military canteens
- Services providing food or drink to the homeless
- Takeaway and delivery facilities can remain open and operational. Delivery is better as it prevents groups of people gathering unnecessarily.
The government’s guidance on staying at home, provides full guidance on the government’s announcement made on 23 March 2020 and the list of businesses and premises expected to close.
Residents of Wealden’s Retirement Living Courts
To help with any concerns you may have, Wealden District Council have produced these questions & answers.