Covid-19 support announced by the Chancellor at 2021 Budget:
- An extension of the Coronavirus Job Support Scheme to September 2021
- An extension of the UK-wide Self Employment Income Support scheme to September 2021
- An extension to the temporary cut in Stamp Duty Land Tax in England and Northern Ireland until September 2021
- A new mortgage guarantee scheme will enable all UK homebuyers secure a mortgage up to £600,000 with a 5% deposit
- £5 billion for new Restart Grants – a one off cash grant of up to £18,000 for hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses in England
- A new UK-wide Recovery Loan Scheme to make available loans between £25,001 and £10 million, and asset and invoice finance between £1,000 and £10 million, to help businesses of all sizes through the next stage of recovery
- Extension of the Film & TV Production Restart scheme in the UK, with an additional £300 million to support theatres, museums and other cultural organisations in England through the Culture Recovery Fund
- Six-month extension of the £20 per week Universal Credit uplift in Great Britain, with the Northern Ireland Executive receiving additional funding to match the increase. A one-off payment of £500 to eligible Working Tax Credit claimants across the UK
- Extension to the VAT cut to 5% for hospitality, accommodation and attractions across the UK until the end of September, followed by a 12.5% rate for a further six months until 31 March 2022.
- 750,000 eligible businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors in England will benefit from business rates relief
- Extension of the apprenticeship hiring incentive in England to September 2021 and an increase of payment to £3,000
- £7 million for a new “flexi-job” apprenticeship programme in England, that will enable apprentices to work with a number of employers in one sector
Find coronavirus financial support for your business here.
Coronavirus (COVID‑19) support is available to employers and the self-employed, including sole traders and limited company directors. You may be eligible for loans, tax relief and cash grants, whether your business is open or closed.
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (Furlough scheme)
Claim for wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme here.
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
If you're self-employed or a member of a partnership and have been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) find out if you can use this scheme to claim a grant. Find more here.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): what to do if you’re employed and cannot work
Find more here.