I am looking to appoint a Parliamentary Assistant to work in my Westminster office.
Closing Date: 6 May 2022
- Diary management
- Effective management of the Member’s email inbox, triaging and sorting emails, responding to invitations and coordinating virtual and physical meetings with a good attention to detail
- Coordinate internal team communications, take notes of team meetings and circulate minutes and action points accordingly
- Assist with communications and provide social media support where required
- Respond to policy campaigns in a timely and organised manner, (initially leading this role as maternity cover until July 22, then providing ad-hoc support)
- Progress casework where required
- Provide general admin support to the team, including assisting with constituency focussed work such as sending mailings or inputting data
- Maintain positive on-going relationships with all parties and contacts
- Management of incoming post to the parliamentary office
- Support other team members to ensure the MP is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the House
- Keep abreast of security guidance, maintain the security system with particular regards to cyber security
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, including the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and meet tight deadlines; attention to detail is vital.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a small team; keeping track of tasks and managing own workload is crucial, as is communicating with members of the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident user of IT including Microsoft Office particularly Outlook
- Be able to deal with constituents and stakeholders in an accurate, systematic and timely manner; with a high level of professionalism and discretion at all times
- Prior knowledge of the Wealden constituency would be advantageous but is not required for the role
Applications with prior parliamentary experience are highly encouraged although applicants with proven skills and experience from a similar professional role will be considered.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 6 May 2022
Interviews will be carried out as soon as possible, an appointment may be made prior to the closing date. An immediate/prompt start is sought so early applications are encouraged. Please state in your cover letter your availability/notice period and if you are an existing parliamentary pass holder.
To apply please send a CV and one page covering letter to Alison Dobson, email@example.com
Please also get in touch if you have any questions regarding this role or would like an informal conversation prior to applying.