I am looking to appoint a hard-working, enthusiastic and experienced part-time (with a view to full-time) Communications Officer to work in my constituency office.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Draft press releases and columns
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
- Preparing media briefings
- Pro-active and re-active communications with all media
- Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on Facebook and Twitter
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
Candidates should have the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Quick, sharp and accurate writing skills for traditional press and social media
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- An ability to deal with constituents’ enquiries in a personable manner and to work well within a small team of colleagues
- Strong communication skills and experience of providing high quality briefings and press releases/articles
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload and use their own initiative
- Previous Parliamentary or relevant experience is essential
- Ability to manage projects
If you are interested in applying for the role please email a CV and one-page covering letter to email@example.com by the 14th February.