The latest data shows that the estimated reduction in symptomatic disease is 60% and hospitalisations 80% for one dose of the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccine for people aged 80 and over. Data published by PHE today estimates that for the over 80s, two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine reduces the risk of hospitalisation by 93%.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine is safe and effective. It gives you the best protection against coronavirus.
Book or manage your coronavirus vaccination by clicking here.
The NHS in Sussex is making good progress with the roll out of the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
GP-led vaccination sites in Wealden:
✅ Crowborough: Saxonbury House Medical Centre
✅ Uckfield: The Meads Medical Centre
Hospital hubs are at:
- Conquest Hospital, Hastings
- Eastbourne District General Hospital
- Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton
- Mill View Hospital, Hove
- Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards Heath
- Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead
- Worthing Hospital
- St Richards Hospital, Chichester
Vaccination centres are available to those living 60 miles from each site:
- Brighton Centre
- Chichester, Westgate Leisure Centre
- Crawley Hospital
- Eastbourne, Welcome Building
- Epsom Racecourse
👉🏽 For answers to frequently asked questions, please click HERE.
👉🏽 For more information about available vaccination sites, please click HERE.